Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I have been in a melancholy mood the past few days....not sure what that is about exactly. Today I watched one of my favorite movies, Out of Africa. This movie never fails to move me. How I wish I could write like Karen Blixen and have the adventures she had. One funny bit of trivia, Karen Blixen asked to meet Marilyn Monroe while she was in New York in 1959! Here is a picture of the two famous women . And a quote by Karen Blixen:

"When you have a great and difficult task,
something perhaps almost impossible,
if you only work a little at a time, every day a little,
suddenly the work will finish itself."


So, if you see any hair adornments in my shop with names referring to Africa....you will know where the inspiration comes from now! Like these clips called Kenya:


I have free shipping on all of my hair adornments right now!! Check them out!

2 comments:

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

Ok, you're saying I'M cute? Look at that precious little face of yours!!!! :-)
I'm totally putting your blog on my list. Why haven't I done that before? Don't know...

stilettoheights said...

Dani!! I love your blog, and that Marilyn photo is wonderful!!!